Saturday, August 5

Christina Agulara

Normally, I'm not a Christina fan.

Sorry, I just felt the need to say that :P Anyway, so way back in the day when she did that track with Nelly - the one they performed live at some awards show - there was a red flapper dress involved and Nelly was wearing a fedora - I was impressed because my life of the 20's, 30's and 40's has never been denied. The reason, in case you're wondering, that I don't know the name of the song is simple - I can't, or won't, listen to it without the video of the performance because that song is theatrical and the performance is half the fun.

Well, that was pretty much the end of that and I let it go but when she released the video for Ain't No Other Man a few weeks ago, Mike showed it to me right away becuase he knows how I feel about the era. That poor man has been forced to sit through more Kay Kyser than any man ever should have to and I think he was just looking forward to having new songs that sounded kinda like that but with a more modern twist. I was excited, but not yet convinced. One track does not a cd full of great music make.

So tonight, I got my hands on the album and I was greeted with Candyman. I looped and looped and looped. I may not find out how the rest of the album is because i'm now officially addicted...and dancing in my socks :)

<---- happy girl :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home