Tuesday, May 29

You're Out, Tom.

I try really hard not to blog about the news unless it's something that really strikes a chord, either comical or otherwise. Today I have to blog, even though it's something I doubt many of you will understand.

[MSNBC: Bush's Monica Problem] "John F. Kennedy, after all, appointed his brother and consigliere Robert to be attorney general."

Robert Kennedy - Bobby, to those of you who know nothing about historical politics that wasn't in a Sean Connery movie - is famously touted for being an active opponent of the teamsters and, most specifically Jimmy Hoffa, which makes it ironic that he be referred to as the consigliere, the italian word for "counselor" as it has been long used in context to the mafia.

The best part, really though - oh my god he was totally the consigliere....

Anyway, yeah, that's that for my geeky Kennedy reference of the day.

I love apple sauce.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home