Sunday, October 1

Unacceptable

I realized, a few days ago, that it was getting to be time for the 2006 Totally Fuckable List and, though I knew Paul Walker and Matt Damon would probably have to fall to the wayside the way many such men do, I never thought I would see the day when my beloved Billie Joe would meet such a fate I figured I would have long since stopped making the list before it's very originator went to a weird place.

Over the years I have forgiven him for many things - tragic acne, horrific bleach jobs - but I never thought I would find something so bad as the apocolyptic extensions he's sporting of late.

<--- sad. What's worse, I probably could have avoided seeing this all together, as I do most of his frightening phases, by simply not paying attention to what he's doing between albums but I was forced to sit through a terrifying Green Day/U2 unholy-fucking-alliance-concert video just a few moments ago and I'm not sure i'll ever fully recover. Not only was he singing U2 but he was doing it wearing that hair! Still, Billie, I don't blame you. I know that, in the past, you've been responsible for your own poor decision making skills regarding fashion and, frankly, while that tie does disguise the fact that you're old enough to have fathered most of your current fanbase, no one ever said it was a great wardrobe choice. Nevertheless, in this case, I blame the girls. Once upon a time when the first batch of tweens that latched onto your tailcoats were squealing your name, you were at least in your 20's, but now, you're being latched onto by a sick beast - the generation born in the 90's - who, as a collective, seem to be making worse fashion decisions than we ever did with our affinity for neon and layers. Long time fan. First time dissenter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home