Friday, June 16

The Business of Philanthropy

I'm not one to frequently blog about business issues and news lately. I generally stick to my life, what happens on C-SPAN and the occasional update from the Kennedy camp but today a piece of the news caught my attention and I really can't pass up the opportunity.

Bill Gates, my favorite CEO announced today (or, yesterday, rather) that he will be leaving his day to day responsibilities at Microsoft to focus entirely on philanthrophy. Now, normally I would think a proclaimation like that was complete bullshit - because, really, come on, but from Bill Gates, I really couldn't be happier.

He's a business man and a geek and there is probably no one better to really take over than him. Angelina Jolie may be attractive and Oprah may have human interest, but Bill Gates has the business sense and the liquid cash to revolutionize the way aid is handled.

He may have changed the way the world works, but what he does for the world is far from over and I think he may just only now be embarking on the work he'll really be remembered for.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home