Wednesday, May 10

Season Finale

I will not blog before coffee. I will not blog before coffee. I will not blog before coffee.

Technically, is it blogging before coffee if you haven't slept since the last time you had coffee even if you have passed go - sans $200?

It's not much of a rule, it's not much of a routine but I can't help it. Last night was the season finale of my favorite show. I love the Gilmore Girls. I really really do.

6.22 started off so well - it really did. As i'm watching it again now, I'm remembering the promise I felt when the Alfred Stieglitz reference appeared quickly followed by the words "at least i'm clothed in these" because the implication of unclothed behavior from my beloved Logan is always something that inspires hope but, alas, disappointment. They did manage to hold off on Alexis Bledel attempting tears until the end of the episode - she didn't start crying until the last few seconds of the show and she was doing it in a very "sleepy" way because he'd just woken her up but it was nevertheless bad and I was totally unprepared for it. There wasn't enough popcorn.

As it were, the alleged nudity was the highpoint of an episode that threw more girly lines Logan's way than Lorelai's and by the end of the episode had her and Luke on very shakey ground - something that I find sad in an odd way. On the one hand, Luke and Lorelai is the ship that this series has been pumping since literally episode one of the first season so i'm inclined to think that it's a total bummer it's not going so well right now but, on the other hand, I couldn't be happier that we're hopefully able to move beyond pompus Luke and sad, lonely, depressed, wounded Lorelai. It's gloomy and I don't need anymore gloom in my life as I provide my own quite well.

To boot, as we fade to black until August on the story that is Luke and Lorelai - the eternal ship - we see GG - Christopher's daughter - running into what one can only assume is Christopher's bedroom to find Lorelai, eyes open - top clearly off - laying in Christopher's bed. This will be, not the first, but the second time Christopher has screwed things up for Luke and Lorelai and I suspect the third or fourth throughout the series that he has swooped in and destroyed Lorelai's lovelife and whatever it is that we were all rooting for at the time. Max, Jason - oh yes, we even rooted for Jason - and now Luke.

Why do I care? Why is that I would rather the series followed Logan to London - because Alexis Bledel can't act and Lorelai won't stop skulking. The only characters worth watching are Scott and Matt (Luke and Logan respectively) and, while they have signed for season seven, I am nevertheless concerned that the series will take it's final dunk into the toilet bowl if the new writers (yay!) don't find a way to get Logan out of London. He's too pretty to end up with British teeth - seriously. I suspect it would never be the same if anything were allowed to impact that gravely voice of his. Oi with the poodles!

For those of you who didn't watch or don't download, here are a few of the cute quote highlights because TVTwiz will be a while with the transcripts I suspect and my quotes document is pushing 50 pages with a vengence.

No, you talked and I disagreed and then you laid down your ruling. [paraphrased]

RORY: Oh, I can avoid people with the best of them. LOGAN: I didn't say people, I said Huntzberger’s.

LUKE [To Taylor]: How interested do I look in talking to you?

Bohemian people - can I have your attention please?

Can you say 'BTK?'

Ooh, staying out all night? Anything fun and illegal?

Half the time people talk to me I’m thinking of Baryshnikov

Stop imagining me in tights

I can hear my soul dying.

I know how mad you get when I bring ICP with me.

Starving. Would love a drink.

OH my god! It's the WMD's! Call the President!

Remember when you wanted a personalized license plate - this building is so much better!

Enjoy her while her legs are still short enough that she can be overtaken

What the hell kind of spy school did you go to?

This is how all great divorces start!

I don't think there is a technical term for that yet

Voices in your head, totally normal - right? There are only two that speak English

You're going to break into a chorus of chim-chiminey any minute aren't you?

Gerta, did I fire you?

There is no one worse at communication than my mother - except my father and my extended family.

I love that I’ve found one more thing to blame my mother for!

I don’t like Mondays but unfortunately they come around eventually.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home