Wednesday, March 1

Today On C-SPAN

Today on C-SPAN I watched something amusing and, I have to point this out.

So many years ago when the Patriot Act went through the first time, no one - no one - on capitol hill read it before it went through. I'm proud to say that I'm from the state with it's lone voice of reason.

As i've watched the preceedings on putting the bill back through and what shocks me is this - if we had read as much shit then as we are reading now, we wouldn't be having this problem.

As I type this, the afor mentioned voice of reason - Russ Feingold - is reading the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Now i'm always up for a good reading of the Constitution. I like it, I've read it. Hell, I can probably recite about half of it to you, but what gets me is that we're reading - and reading - and reading - and reading - and reading and we've been doing this for weeks on this, the Mt. Olympus of American Law, and yet we couldn't do this the first time and save ourselves the time?

What really gets me is that he's reading the entire constitution. Not relevant parts of the Constitution. Not relevant parts of the Bill of Rights. Not relevant parts of the Patriot Act itself. Michael Moore in an Ice Cream truck managed to be more pointed (but not significantly more commical.)

Oi.

Plus, dude, not a single misleading chart all day. Stephen Colbert would be disappointed. Another small point of interest. Russ Feingold cannot read aloud.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Oi. Wisconsin can't do something right without doing something wrong. Yay for us Wisconsinites. <_<

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home