Thursday, March 16

Relevant FYI

Appologies, to my real friends, if this is excessively patronizing.

The short story is this - my grandmother is severely ill and will be hosptialized for several weeks. As of right now, I'm there 13-15 hours a day, on the road for another two and trying desperately to sleep for the rest. Somewhere in there, I have to find a way to fit "shower" and "eat." :P

As i'm at the hospital so often and they are completely without public wi-fi (or, that I can find thus far) I don't have access to any of the things I normally do on the internet. Thus, the list:

What Will Still Happen
Once a day, and usually in the neighborhood of between midnight and 2am, I check my PM's and E-mails. I don't answer them, generally, but the pressing ones get forwarded to someone else who can deal with them and the ones that aren't that important can wait until this pans out or the person decides to pester someone else :)

Upload Approvals on the Cheeky Resources Gallery. If you upload, I will come and approve them as it takes about four seconds. I won't be adding anything new on my own though.

Modding up on the CR Gallery. If you want to be modded, PM or e-mail me your already registered CR name and i'll mod you up and you can start doing GOF and Unknown Model/Celeb uploads whenever you like.

Checking of urgent posts in the corrosponding staff rooms. FicCentral Archive Admin duties, HPFF forum admin duties and Dark Arts changes that require me to handle them will still be dealt with as time permits.

What Won't Happen
Crit. Feel free to keep posting requests - they'll be handled in order when I get back to a normal PC life.

Gallery Updates. There were a efw things added earlier in the week but there won't be anything new.

Deviant Art updates. Cuz, duh.

Chapter Updates - anywhere. Soul Fragments blog updates, Bad Author updates, Extempore...nothing. Even if I am inspired to write something, the odds that i'll trust myself enough to post it are pretty slim.

General PM responses. Here are some general questions and answers

Hosting
If you have 9.99 a month, I reccomend Dreamhost My Crazy Domain Insane is a great plan with everything you could possibly need to do anything from run a site like mine to running a small business. If you do decide to register with them, please enter either my name (bitterepiphany) or my domain (www.bitterepiphany.com) in the referals box as it helps with the hosting costs of all of my resources that I know everyone loves so much.

What Software Do You Run Your Site On?
There is a ton of info about the site here and here. Including what I use to run everything and what not.

Can I Use...?
The short answer is - probably.
Brushes: Yes
Templates: Yes
Textures: Yes
Avatars: Yes
Skins: Yes
Desktop Backgrounds: Yes
Signatures/Blinkies, etc...: Yes
Banners: For now, no. The UFG's will come available again when I have time to edit titles again and that time is not now.
Vectors: For now, no. I can't think of what you'd use them for so until I know what it is and have time to deal with the Q&A - no. (This applies to Cell Shading too)
Tutorials I Wrote: Don't remove the crediting and don't even bother trying to hotlink it as an image. You can link to the page in my gallery (like they are linked on The Dark Arts) but do not try to link the image directly. You can't.
Sorry for such a long and informational but impersonal and uninteresting post, but it has to be done lest my e-mails overflow.

Thanks for patience, everybody. I knwo I made a lot of promises and I swear I intended to keep them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home