Saturday, February 4

Wikipedia: Version 2.0

This is the most I have ever posted about Wikipedia in my life.

When Mike mentioned this article to me this morning, it seemed like just the sort of thing that I would blog about. (I've been avoiding the news since the confirmation went through and until the State of the Union fervor has finally died. I'm a process girl. Once the damage has been done, I can't handle watching the destruction.)

[MSNBC: On Capitol Hill, Playing WikiPolitics]

It seems that staffers have made a recent push to edit the Wikipedia entries on those which they are paid menial sums to sling paper for. They've been pulling any information that might make their respective congressmen look, well, like a politician - references to campaign promises that have gone unfulfilled or, worse, contradicted.

So, in response, Wikipedia has banned all IP's from Capitol Hill.

To borrow from Lewis Black, I'll repeat that, my gentle snowflakes.

They have banned Capitol Hill.

Kudos to you, Wikipedia. And, kudos to you, staffers, for knowing what's really important to your job security. 10/10 all around. Well played, boys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Three cheers for WIki!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home