Saturday, February 18

Small Victories and Delayed Justice

Tonight, a toast to small victories and delayed justice.

This has been an rough six months for me. Actually, this has been a rough decade for me, but the last six months has been intensely painful.

Tonight I got the best piece of news I've had in a long time. It will seem like a small victory, to those of you that haven't spent five years in my shoes. Tonight, I can sleep. True, it doesn't solve everything. For several months of unrest and nerves, I fianlly get a moments peace. Tonight, I owe a debt of gratitude and an appology to a girl i've never met.

Sean was convicted, finally. It's a Catch 22, because it comes at a price - that price being someone elses pain, but it's finally happened. For thirty days, he can spend his nights paying for what he's done. And starting March 11th, he can spend the next 365 days on probation. It's too little, and it's too late, but it's something.

Tonight, raise a glass to an asshole who hurt too many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home