Tuesday, January 3

Holy Backup Files, Batman

So today - wow, today - today I agreed to backup the files on my mother's computer. This is a task i've been avoiding for, quite literally, years but for some reaosn today I was feeling kind and gentle and I agreed to do it.

Her lack of a DVD burner meant either a 40 gig harddrive was going to get backed up to CD-R's or that I was going to be kind, set-up a home/office network and drop her files to my PC to burn them to DVD's.

Allow me to say, simply, succinctly, thta i've been waiting to reboot this compuer for 35 minutes because, silly little me, I assumed she's backed up her outlook files sometime in the last 3 years. I can't reboot until it's finished exporting and i've only managed to make it through Inbox and Sent Items - there's still Board, Contributing Partners, and about 15 other sub-folders of Archives that need to be backed up....I feel stupid...

I should have known when I say the 147 in blue next to INBOX.

I'll just go learn a language while I wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home