Thursday, January 19

Defending Smokers

I don't smoke. Let's just get that out of the way.

However, during a very long conversation with a few random people about turn on's and turn off's and having every single one - the smokers and the non-smokers - rail on the nicotine addicted something occured to me. I'm attracted to smokers.

This from a non-smoker, at that! And not a reformed smoker either but a literal never ever ever ever smoked non-smoker. To which I must ask: what?

Truthfully, i'm sure there are a lot of reasons, not least of which would be that about half of the people who whom i've attached to in life smoke or that the smell of stale cigarettes immediately brings me comfort. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that men who smoke invariably develop that tone to their voice that it is biologically impossible to produce without carcenogenics of the liver and lungs.

So there you go, boys. There's still one of us out there who says political correctness be damned (but please smoke on the patio. no, wait, i'll go with you!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home