Friday, December 23

Travelling Candy

So I needed something to pack in this week. I needed something small, compact, light and preferably with shoulder straps. I needed something I could get past security, not have to check, and wouldn't regret having to lug around the airport. The answer? My brother's backpack.

When they left on the 16th, I happily relinquished my dufflebag in exchange for his compact blue backpack and agreed to wash it out before I used it (because the only thing more disgusting than a 13 year old boy's backpack is the gym clothes he left in it.) Well, when I got it, it still weighed a ton but I ignored it, assuming he'd left some school books in it.

Tonight - moments ago, in fact - i wandered into my kitchen and seized both backpack and 6 - count 'em, 6 - pounds of Jelly Beans I have to bring with me to try and begin the process that is cramming too much stuff into too small a bag.

The weight in his backpack? A binder, a garbage bag (mercifully empty) and three bags of chocolate. Not little, ziploc sized bags of chocolate but giant halloween sized bags of snickers and butterfingers. To this I say - eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home