Friday, November 25

Query

Okay, so i have a question. I was just about to carry on with the ritual of preparing for that whole "it's 2:30 in the afternoon" issue but, i realized I couldn't move my leg. Why, well because i'd cut off bloodflow to everything below my knee by sitting on it.

Why, you're asking yourself, is this worthy of a blog post? Because I have a medical question that I would like answered.

When you can barely feel your limb - in that stage of "there really is no blood in me and any movement you wish me to make will have to be done with the assitence of another limb that still maintains it's motor skills because, really, it's just not happening on it's own" - does your leg always feel swollen? It seems entirely counter intuative.

Mind you, i'm rather interested in the answer because like two weeks ago I learned why we twitch violently as we're falling asleep and I find the reason entirely fascinating. The brain interprets the body's slowdown as death and sends a jolt of instructions down the spinal cord to try to spur the system into life again. Or something to that effect. It's dark. I'm tired. I'm still not caffinated, leave my meager medical explaination alone.

I want fucking cinnamon rolls. Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home