Thursday, July 21

How Low Can You Go?

I find this revolting. I opened the aim beta today to have a chat with a friend and this monstrosity appeared on top of the window.

Previously, I have refrained from making much comment on the amount of advertising. I didn't complain publically when their ads got bigger. I didn't complain when they started to move. I didn't complain when they started to swell outside of the aim box. I didn't complain when they started to make noise and I kept my mouth shut when they disabled the mute all sounds function.

This simply begs to be complained about. I refuse to have advertising intruding into the middle of my conversation windows. I've accepted that it must exist on newspapers - it's how they pay their staff. I've accepted that half of most magazines are useless ads. I've accepted that TV must be interupted with advertising. I've accpeted the occasional pop-up that no number of blockers can catch. I deal cooperatively with on site ads and, for those that need the funding, will frequently click and close to toss them the thirty cents. Every click counts. I know that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home