Monday, April 25

It's Tabbed Browsing's Fault I Have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

Tabbed browsing deserves a post of its own.

All I can say is "Wow, has it changed the way I use the internet." It makes everything I do infinately faster and it enables me to exist. You see, i have a 64 bit processor and a 17 inch monitor. This doesn't seem like a problem to most people but when you're taking in never-ending graphic requests 24 hours a day which means you need outlook and three seperate graphics softwares running constantly, along with a few messenger/aim windows, ftp software, a few image folders, media player, and at least one firefox window, it becomes a bit of a problem :P

The 64 bit processor handed me all of the power to do these amazing things - and i'm short on ram on a unoptimized operating system and software - but I just don't have the screenspace. I couldn't do it without my precious tabs.

Presently, I have 10 tabs open. At any given moment, I can be validating in tabs - 10 to 20 windows open with assorted chapters written, mainly, by mediocre at best amateur authors that just want a chance to whine about their lives - searching Google for the latest image I need to fill a request and running two helpdesks, two forums, plus my own site.

Now, i realize, i do more than the average person does on the internet and i do it all at one time but the importance tabbed browsing holds over the way we use the internet is massive and I don't think we've seen the end of that potential. There are so many other things it would be nice to tabify....*looks mischeviously at messenger and word*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home