Saturday, February 12

Great Resturants

This post has been brewing for a while - this is just the first time I actually remebered to do it :)

Kenosha has some really great food. We're never given credit for it, but I must say, there's a lot of it. My credits go out to these resturants as some of my favorite places to eat.

Panda

This is a great little Sceshwan place. The atmosphere isn't bad, the food is fairly authentic, and the service is prompt and polite. Would I reccomend taking anyone here for a romantic dinner, probably not, but I would definately say it's a great place to go to dinner when you just want some good chineese food. The downsides.

1) No chopsticks: They're one of the few good chinese resturants i've ever known that doesn't provide you with at least the option of chopsticks, but that's okay.
2) Cold: I have seldom sat outside of the smoking area (a glass enclosed room. - but don't let that fool you, I'd rather sit there than anywhere else - it's quiet and the smoke isn't overwhelming) anyway, it gets a bit chilly there, but nothing too bad.

Tenutas

If there is one thing I know, it's italian food.

Tenutas is a two part whammy. On one hand, you have Tenutas the delicatessen, complete with fine wine, great cheeses, sausages, seafood, liquer, and everything you could ever want to cook a great italian meal. It's authentic to the hilt and they have great ingrediants. But, grocery portion aside, all year long they sell prepared hot beef, mosticholi, lasagna, etc...in addition to their muffalatos. The summer season holds a fantastic outdoor grill for fresh pasta salads, fruit medlys, and tenuta's sausages, brats, etc... (Did I mention they now serve Starbucks Coffee :P)

Then, you have Tenuta's the Resturant. I've only ever ordered their pizza because, beyond their pizza, there is no living. The thin crust is fantastic and crackery - there's not better in the surrounding counties and, trust me, i've had it all. The meats, though I won't eat them, are apparently of a high, non-disgusting quality. They seem to stockpile or import mozzerella during the off-season because theirs doesn't suffer the way that others do.

Thai Gormet

Thai Gormet is buried in the midst of a strip mall and it's something you would never expect to be good. It really is, though. The atmosphere isn't the best. Again, it sort of has that "hole in the wall" vibe. It's no Sukasa. Again - food - very good. The downside falls, firmly in the decor. It's rather cute, I suppose, but it has an unauthentic feel.

Manja

The name may give it away. It's ethnicity is obvious. This is a place I would take a date. They have an adorable patio for summer dining (and, not unlike panda, the patio overlooks a bunch of buildings and neon) The food is great, its a little pricy, but nevertheless, excellent.

All in all, i've grown rather fond of our little town's food :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home