Sunday, January 30

An Ode To: The Godfather

Obvious sentimental attachments aside, I really really love these movies.

The sentimental attachments stem, of course, from my Great Grandmother who recently passed. We knew her as Gram but she was always joked about as "The Godfather" for her astonishing ability to command a thirty member family at all times. She seemed not only to hold us together in a way that no one else ever will, but she wore resemblances to Vito Corleone in her demeanor and even her speech at times. She will be missed.

But, I said - that aside :)

Some of the greatest lines ever to come out of cinematography have stemmed directly from these movies. The gratuitous violence I could do without, I'll admit, but there has never been something more quickly apt at making me remember why I wish I knew a man who could speak Italian. *swoons*

"What did I ever do to make you treat me so disrespectfully?"
"If there is anything we have learned from history, it is that you can kill anyone"
"Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."

So here I am, when I should be sleeping, watching it through *throws on heavy accent* Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...and making lasagna!

All I need now is some good company and some biscotti to make it the night of all nights :) Oh, well, that and not having to go to work tomorrow.

Also Posted At [Features]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home