Tuesday, November 30

Wow

So things aren't going very well lately.

This last week has been hell on toast. I'm doing better than I thought I would be - I'm still standing - but it certainly doesn't feel like its working well.

I've slept three and a half hours in the last two days. Yesterday I downed a liter of mountain dew before lunch....today, well, it's 10 and i've already had two cans of mountain dew and three cups of highly caffinated, uber-strong coffee. Granted, i mixed hot chocolate into it with like 50 packets of sugar, because there's something about drinking an entire mug of what is, viably, badly brewed espresso before you've eaten that lacks appeal. I remember the days of 8 shots before lunch rush...it involved shaking and nausea...

To be honest, I haven't the slightest idea why i'm posting this...I think it was just for something else to occupy me for 5 minutes, or maybe just because i'm sad and kinda lonely, or maybe, just maybe, because i'm sleep deprived.

My grandfather went for testing yesterday on his potential liver cancer. My father was supposed to call and get his results last night, but he didn't. If he doesn't know when I get off of work, I guess i'll have to call and find out. Joy. There's something about asking your grandfather if he's dying that little can compare to on the level of horrible conversations you wish you never had to have, but such is life.

Work is okay. I've had a bit more to do in the past few days, so that's good...positive things are at least happening on that front, I just wish I didn't have to get up so damn early in the morning to do it. If god had intended me to be up at 5:30, he would've made it light out.

I got a christmas tree over the weekend - its adorable, and apparently extremely bright. I say there's nothing wrong with putting 750 lights on a 3 foot tall, artificial tree ;). There are those who's opinions differ. Decorating it was good, it gave me something to do, and I really do enjoy decorating the christmas tree when its my tree and i can have happy holday thoughts while i'm doing it. The shopping portion of Christmas is quickly approaching its demise, and that is fantastic. I still need to pick up Jameson's gift, although I think i'm ordering that online, and get something for Mike's portion of the family...and then there's Mike himself, who is uncooperative as usual.

I'm beginning to feel very near that nervous breakdown I talk about so often :P I suppose that's rather a bad thing. Dunno. I'm just snippy lately. Put me at work or at Mike's and i'm fine, not necisarally happy as pie, but its kind of a bad time of year for me, but force me to interact with any of my family members and all hell breaks loose. I don't think i'm entirely over the Thanksgiving Debacle yet, not last years Thanksgiving Debacle, that one will take a while to get over, but this years Thanksgiving Debacle involving fat reenforcements.

I'm done droning on and on now...god I need some sleep. When I wake up in the morning, consider this all null and void :P

Oh, on the good news front, Sarah and Martin got engaged (yay!) and the wedding is sometime in the spring (or so says the plan). Now for the scrounging for cash...plane tickets to London are pricey :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home