Sunday, June 27

A Little Update On Dell Since I Have The Time

Dell's legal department called me on Friday afternoon. They called to appologize for the hassle and offered me a few options: 1) They will give me the full $1500 I spent on my computer back and I need to send my existing system back within 14 days. The bad part is that the refund may take 30-45 days to officially process but she has promised to put a rush on it and imagines she can have it to me within 10-15. 2) I can apply that $1500 to the purchase of a new Dell (and keep her phone number for when all hell breaks loose again.) But then I have another Dell, but it would also put a computer in my hands a lot faster. Or, and she's not a big fan of this idea, they'll just send me a refurbished system but OBVIOUSLY i'd be an idiot to take that option :P. Anyways, I'm thinking that I don't know what i'm going to do. I have to call PC Tec, the people who have been servicing my system through Dells programs and see what they have to say about the cost of a Data Transfer. All I really need is for someone to put a back up of my Outlook account and a copy of the My Documents folder onto a CD and i'll be a happy girl. The rest of the software etc... I can work out when the new system arrives but I'm dying without the data...

Oh well, I just figured that since i've been complaining about it for so long I should let you all know how its going. Oh, and by the way, apparently Legal does think I have a case against them because they're pretty much bending over backwards to do whatever I want at this point :P.

Look what a lot of persistance can get you :P

1 Comments:

Blogger lila said...

See Kay--i told you once you get to the big wigs they come through. By the way--i got the money they owed me in 2 weeks.
I would get the new Dell--just my opinion.
I have had NO further trouble at all in 3 yrs!
Bubbi

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home